PocketSat+ is a full-featured satellite tracking application for PalmOS and PocketPC devices.
It is designed to be usable by both experienced satellite trackers as well as novices who are interested
in knowing when they can simply look up and see satellites.
Like PocketSat, its predecessor, PocketSat+ includes tools to predict when satellites in low-Earth orbits
will pass overhead and potentially be visible. Unlike PocketSat, however, PocketSat+ can track any satellite,
and can display real-time plots of multiple satellites on both Earth maps and Sky charts.
Features of PocketSat+ include:
- Configurable to compute satellite visibility from any location on Earth.
- Track and plot real-time positions of up to 9 satellites simultaneously.
- Map view shows satellite position and orbit track on an Earth map.
- Sky view shows satellite position and path in the Sky.
- Flexible application clock can be set to any date and time as well as clock rate, allowing
"what happens when
" experiments. You can make time stand still or even go backwards if you wish.
A single button press restores the clock to current system time.
- "Pass" mode allows pre-calculation of satellites that will pass over a particular location
during a given time span, including filters for minimum altitude and whether or not a satellite
is lit by the Sun.
- Uses full SGP4 and SDP4 orbit propagation algorithms, allowing accurate tracking of any satellite.