|PocketSat+ for Pocket PC|
|Current version: 1.3|
|For Pocket PC 2002: (download - .6MB)|
|Don't know what version of Pocket PC you have? Check here.|
|Note to "Pocket Plus" users: If you use Pocket Plus to close applications on your Pocket PC, please configure it not to close
PocketSat+. Because of the way it closes applications, Pocket Plus will crash PocketSat+ if allowed to do so. As of version 1.3,
PocketSat+ will, by default, exit when the (X) button is pressed, making an "App Closer" unnecessary anyway (though it may be configured to Smart Minimize if you prefer.)|
PocketSat+ is a full-featured satellite tracking application for Pocket PC devices.
It is designed to be usable by both experienced satellite trackers as well as novices who are interested
in knowing when they can simply look up and see satellites.
PocketSat+ can track any satellite, and can display real-time plots of multiple satellites on both Earth
maps and Sky charts, as well as predict when satellites will pass overhead and potentially be visible.
Features of PocketSat+ include:
- Configurable to compute satellite visibility from any location on Earth.
- Track and plot real-time positions of up to 20 satellites simultaneously.
- Map view shows satellite position and orbit track on an Earth map.
- Sky view shows satellite position and path in the Sky.
- Flexible application clock can be set to any date and time as well as clock rate, allowing
"what happens when
" experiments. You can make time stand still or even go backwards if you wish.
A single button press restores the clock to current system time.
- "Pass" mode allows pre-calculation of satellites that will pass over a particular location
during a given time span, including filters for minimum altitude and whether or not a satellite
is lit by the Sun.
- Uses full SGP4 and SDP4 orbit propagation algorithms, allowing accurate tracking of any satellite.
PocketSat+ is a shareware application and will expire after 21 days if not registered.
A registration code costs US$25 and will work for all future updates of PocketSat+ for Pocket PC.